include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Mootools/appendix.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Mootools/default.php"); Team Trec Forums - Starving for fuel?
Not signed in (Sign In)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you are new here. If you want to take part in the discussions, click one of these buttons!

Sign In  Apply for membership

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Just wondering if the MAF can be bad with no dash lights on? Starts and idles ok but sounds like it is starving for fuel while acclerating.
    Replaced MAF still same problem. Dealership says most likely the fuel pump. Anyone know where to get a cheap one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRock
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2012

Martin has said he can get used ones for the hundred dollar range. Do you have access to a pressure guage? I hate buying parts because somebody said they think the problem is...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRock
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2012

I'd change the fuel filter before I did anything else though.
    •  
      CommentAuthormbush
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012

yeah i can get the fuel pump around a hundred. but i agree with Rock, change fuel filter first.
    Mine is a 99 Disco2 and from everything I've read the fuel filter is built into the pump. Any help on how to clean / change it would be greatly appreciated.
    •  
      CommentAuthormbush

you may be right about the D2 not having a separate fuel filter. The fuel pump is located in the gas tank and is accessed through an access door under the carpet in the rear cargo area. Very easy to get to. If you do replace fuel pump I would recommend changing the Seal that goes between the pump and tank. Those tend to dry out. http://www.roverparts.com/Nxt/search.asp?page=1&keywords=fuel+pump&Dropdowndescription=Discovery+Series+II (look at the fuel pump sealing ring on this page)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRock

If its just the pre-filter in the tank then just pull the pump and soak the filter down with carb cleaner. What I'd suggest is just running to the parts store and grab one that matches up. Good luck and keep up posted on your progress.
    So, installed new fuel pump and MAF and problem is still there. I have no power under throttle and the truck is stuttering like a miss while driving but idles fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRock
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012

You've said the CEL isn't on, have you checked for codes in the ECM?
    •  
      CommentAuthormbush
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2012

May sound simple but when is the last time you changed plugs and wires. Mine used to lose power going down the interstate and stutter. I changed my plugs and wire and that fixed it. Use the cheap Champion Copper plugs and the best wires you can find. (ie magnacore) these trucks will burn up a set of cheap wires.