include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Mootools/appendix.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."Mootools/default.php"); Team Trec Forums - 1996 Disco For Sale
Not signed in (Sign In)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you are new here. If you want to take part in the discussions, click one of these buttons!

Sign In  Apply for membership

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjholt92
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2012

I have a 96 Disco with 129k miles. Manual trans. I had been driving this disco for about 2 months. No mods made to it. This was going to be my fall project but fuel pump just went out today. Asking $1600 obo as is. If interested, I can email pics and more details.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRock

I wish I had the money to buy it, but i don't. The fuel pump on a disco is very easy to replace, hate to see you let it go just for that, keep us posted.
    • CommentAuthorjholt92

I have a friend that is a mechanic thats willing to help me replace it. Parts store said new was $535. Hate to throw that much in to it. Know of anyone that has a used one fairly cheap? If I could replace for less than half of a new one I would keep it. Just had it in the woods this past Friday and was impressed with it. Every thing else seems to be working fine, except a oil leak, just replaced the valve cover gaskets but still has another leak, have not had the time to investigate further.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRock
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012

Look over on www.roverparts.com, they are good to deal with and have them for $209.95. Never go to the dealership, junkyards, friends, and the internet will always serve you better. To access the pump all you have to do is pull the rear carpet, there's an access door to the pump in the floorpan, the only frustrating part is getting the plastic locking ring off, it spins off... eventually. I've changed mine, took maybe a half an hour.
    • CommentAuthorjholt92
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2012

Thanks. I have one ordered. Got everything ready for when it gets here. Just need to remove the old one and maybe I will be back in business. You guys have been very helpful for a first time disco owner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRock
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012

just don't want to see you let it go, but if you decide to...
    •  
      CommentAuthormbush

next time get ahold of me. I can get used ones for about $100
    • CommentAuthorjholt92

Ok. I will. Im sure I am going to run into something else. When I do, I will get in touch with you. I dont wont to put alot of money into it, so I would be fine with some used parts for it. Just want to get it going good enough to trail ride some this fall if everything works out.
    •  
      CommentAuthormbush
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2012

Good thinkin. Once you figure out the little quirks these trucks are bullet proof. I do all my own work on it as well as for others so if you have any questions feel free to post em up. I also have a great source for parts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRock
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012

Any updates??
    • CommentAuthorjholt92
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012

Fuel pump arrived today. Hope to get it in over the next few days. The ends and the bolts on the lines on old pump are rusty. Going to take longer than normal. Back to driving it soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthormbush
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012

I just replaced my pump last week. The lines were so corroded that I had to cut them off and replace the fittings.
    • CommentAuthorjholt92
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012

Got the fuel pump in. Now I just need to find my small oil leak and I think all the bugs may be gone. Then I can start getting it ready for some fall trail riding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRock
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2012

Good to hear its fixed, hope to see you on the trail. Our fall safari is coming up in October at big south fork state park, a weekend of trails. It was a blast last year, you just don't want to get stuck behind me on a trail.
    •  
      CommentAuthormbush
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2012

@Rock: LOL